The Beaufort County School District is teaming up with government agencies and private-sector business partners to hold its “Back-to-School Expo” designed to give students and their families a free day of fun, door prizes, and valuable information about the upcoming 2023-24 school year.
This year’s Expo is set for Saturday, July 29, at Beaufort High School, located at 84 Sea Island Pkwy in Beaufort. The event will run from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
“We are excited to kick-off the school year with this annual event that enables families to gather a lot of practical and helpful information,” said Student Services Officer Juliet White, Ph.D. “District schools are pitching in, district employees are volunteering on a Saturday, and we’re glad to have participation from our business partners, civic groups and faith-based groups.”
Students and their families are encouraged to attend the events, which will feature:
- Booths operated by district schools that can supply information about school activities.
- Door prizes from local restaurants and businesses.
- Free school supplies for students.
- Free dental and health services provided by Beaufort-Jasper-Hampton Comprehensive Health Services and the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC).
- District Food Services will be available to answer questions about the free and reduced lunch application process, and the district’s food vendor will be present.
- The district’s travelling preschool bus will be on site, and staff will share information with parents.
Free transportation for BCSD families is being provided at sites North and South of the Broad:
District Educational Services Center
(2900 Mink Point Blvd., Beaufort)
Buses will depart from this location at 8:30, 9:30, 10:30, and 11:30 a.m.
Bluffton High School
(12 H.E. McCracken Circle, Bluffton)
Buses will depart from this location at 8:30 and 10:30 a.m.
BCSD families planning to attend the Back-to-School Expo are encouraged to pre-register here