51st Annual Bluffton Christmas Parade
The Town of Bluffton is proud to host its 51st annual Bluffton Christmas Parade, Saturday December 3 at 10 a.m. through Bluffton’s Historic District.
This parade, which has been a part of the Bluffton tradition for more than five decades, has grown exponentially parallel to Bluffton’s population. Due to the growth, public and personal safety remains the event’s most important priority. Please note the new rules, detailed in the Christmas Parade application, to ensure safety for all.
Highlights of new parade rules:
• Entries are first come, first serve – please note there is limit of 125 entries for the 2022 parade. It is advised to submit your application as soon as it is completed.
• The Town is asking parade entrants to give a donation to the Bluffton Lutzie 43 Charitable Fund, in lieu of a parade entry fee. Your donation will help fund scholarships for Bluffton’s students as well as support the Town’s safe driving campaign, to reduce/eliminate vehicle causalities and fatalities in our Town.
• Please donate in an amount of your choice via: http://cflowcountry.civicore.com/BlufftonLutzie43
• The Community Foundation of the Lowcountry, a non-profit organization, manages these funds and donations are tax-deductible.
• Donating, in lieu of an entry fee, is an effort to streamline the application process and use the spirit of the Christmas Parade to help our neighbors remain safe year-around.
• Throwing of candy or any item from parade vehicle or float is prohibited.
• People are allowed to walk alongside the parade entry and distribute items to crowd. Please distribute candy/promotional items hand-to-hand by walking along the parade route next to the spectators. Spectators will not be allowed to run into the streets to grab items.
• Applications are due November 11, 2022. The parade application is available via the Town of Bluffton’s website: https://www.townofbluffton.sc.gov/FormCenter/Town-15/Town-of-Bluffton-Christmas-Parade-Applic-85
• Any questions, please contact Lyndee Simoneaux, special event manager, (email): [email protected]
• Email completed applications to: [email protected]
• Deadline for parade applications is November 11, 2022. Note: If you need a hardcopy application, they are available at Town Hall’s Front Desk (20 Bridge Street, Bluffton).
These holiday events are always held the first Friday and Saturday of December, rain or shine. The event will only be canceled if the Town of Bluffton deems weather conditions as unsafe.